Curious bystander

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!!' started by Mitchel, May 11, 2018.

1. Server in maintenance
    Hi Guest,

There were some issues last night (21 Oct) around 4am (EST) where the server starts to show problems across the entire map. We are looking at the issue at hand to see how we can proceed. However as we all know, there may be some disruption during this process. Please do not panic if you are unable to join the server. We will be monitoring the issues as we speak.

Please do not use your ACTIVE characters to join the game. If you have a dead character account, use them to test to avoid corrupting your save. Mine was corrupted twice during this sega. XD All RP actions will be voided right now.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Your friendly Dialga,
    jianmingyong
  2. ROLEPLAYER OF THE MONTH

Winners for July:

Draco
    Joe

Both players won a FREE Item Rename.

If you'd like to vote for someone for August 

Vote Here

Dismiss Notice
  3. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

4. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Mitchel

Mitchel New Member

Hey there! I've a feeling I have seen this place once before, never got around playing back then but I keep getting the urge to explore Zomboid's sandbox in an RP server... so here I am!

However, I'm curious about a few things, and wonder how much they'd affect me. First is the timezone, I'm in +1GMT, I did see a mention of shorter day/night cycles for some more flexibility, but will there be enough people around?

Is it common for people to drop in for a few hours per week, sometimes being away for a bit longer?

And last, I was curious how long the sessions usually persist, for some reason I'm incredibly curious to play through the beginning of the Z-pocalypse, though I'll definitely be attempting to find a good in-character way to enter the current lore after getting up to speed on the required reading!

Thanks in advance for any who are able to give some insight on my questions, and I hope to see everyone soon :)

2. Charlie!

Charlie! Friendly Neighborhood Nerdmin
    Staff Member Contributor

Hello!
    There are some EU players (myself included). There are more American players, but the server is not empty during EU hours :)

It is! Many people do that. If you know it is how your schedule will be, it might be a good idea to keep that in mind when you make your character.

Sessions are very different from each other, but it resembles forum roleplay quite a lot. We are a few months in as of now, but I recommend reading the information posted about the lore, in the different sections :)
    Maybe look over some bio's and talk to some of the other players to see where they are on the map and where you will be more likely to get RP

3. Jpurts776

Jpurts776 Member

Uhm so ill sort of add what Autodidact didn't add. Most events start at around 7/8 pm EST so that would be 1/2 am for you at the least. Depending on the nature of the event, they can last up to 5 or 6 hours which kinda sucks because it fucks your sleep schedule and all. Also most events are lore vital so if you don't end up going, you may end up some what out of the loop, like me who fell asleep half way through one to wake up in a place which i didn't know existed with a sore face. Your average EU player base during the weekdays is like 2-5 and on weekends is like 5-7 because as Autodidact said, this is a US server. So if you are gonna play here you most definitely have to put some substantial time into it otherwise it wont feel worth it.

Anyway, hope you whitelist and I see you in game.

Charlie! likes this.
Server in maintenance RolePlayer of the Month Information Factions
-->