Mini-Lore: Ending

Discussion in 'Storyline/Lore Event' started by Opportunity's Work Ethic, Feb 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

3. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Opportunity's Work Ethic

So, participation kind of petered out in the outpost. The slow build of the tension, no clear direction, and the lack of anything mechanical to do were certain causes of this, but I really don't give two shits about the reasons.

What I want to see is a conclusion. I want to see everyone who still has a living, active character (infected or clean) all agree to log in for a final (or series of final) events soon. Perhaps this upcoming weekend. There were a number of personalities in that outpost that I enjoyed, and I personally think we all deserve a fitting end.

So here's the plan: There's a number of uninfected people left. The sciency ones have worked out the general idea of what's going on, but there's still no word on who is and isn't infected. Let's see one last big showing from the population, give the infected one last chance to spread, give the uninfected one last chance to play the guessing game of who will or will not eat you as we try to stay alive. The basic idea is an emergency beacon is activated and we have a timer counting down until a helicopter comes to pick us up.

Win Conditions:
    If only uninfected board the helicopter, then congratulations! The humans won... for now. The Antarctic might still hold more Things, but that is a problem for the government to worry about. We get to go home and hug our family members without eating them. Unless you're into that kind of thing.
    If any infected board the helicopter, well... fuck. Humanity's likely doomed, it was nice knowing you all. The Things won, either by being sneaky or by overpowering the humans in a fight.
    If nobody boards the helicopter because we're all fucking dead or somehow destroy the helicopter, well... pyrrhic victory for humanity, I guess? At least the rest of humanity's okay. The mystery that plagues them will be less of a plague than the Thing.

Who's with me?

[​IMG]

John/Jane Doe and Andrew Noah like this.
  2. Legion

Legion Your tears sustain me
    Staff Member Owner

"The slow build of the tension, no clear direction, and the lack of anything mechanical to do were certain causes of this"

I know personally, I like slow tension building. Thats just my preference though.
    Lack of anything mechanical to do. This just highlights how RP has changed over the years causing a reliance on mechanical opposed to RP

I think it would be interesting to close it all out. Then again... I believe many of those who just stopped logging in were "killed". could be wrong on that though. If people wanted to log in and kinda, make a form of closure to it all, I am sure we could work something out for sure. I mean, we do have some time before this map for the next lore is finished because of all the game breaking bug delays.

Win conditions... pretty on point. I like the idea of "Help is coming. If you dont stop the things, the world is doomed."

3. Andrew Noah

Andrew Noah Lore Assistant - Admin
    Contributor

I could schedule something for this or next weekend. Any characters that don't log on are presumed dead. I’d also like to generally know how many people are actually gonna show up.

#3 Andrew Noah, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*Attempts to kill everyone, infected or not, to save humanity as a whole.*

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in if you are.

6. Zankio

Zankio Member

Dibs on Cameoing as the Pilot! :grin::rofl: