Officer Joel Behn

Discussion in 'Character Biographies' started by Carver, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

2. Invite your friends

Invite your friends and get a free Project Zomboid key

Read More

3. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Carver

Carver Member

Officer
    Joel Behn

of the Astoria Police Department

[​IMG]
    "Officer Behn has served in law enforcement for the past six years. He began his law enforcement career with the Portland Police Department in 2000, and served for one year as a patrol officer before transferring to the Astoria Police Department, where he has served ever since. He holds a bachelor's degree in journalism, and is a native to Astoria."
    - The Astoria Police Department Officer Profile

-------------------------------------
    Sex: Male
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 170-180
    Hair Color: Light Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Ethnicity: Caucasian-American
    Known Around Town Police Information
    Officer Behn has served with the Astoria Police Department for the past five years. Being a native of Astoria, he has seen his hometown face transformation by the hands of large corporations who know nothing about the history or lives of the people who have lived there for generations. Joel longs for the small, country feeling his hometown once had, but he also loves his home and the nostalgia surrounding it, and it is clearly shown in his line of work.

Throughout the years, Joel has upheld the law, given a few citations, and perhaps laid down a few arrests in the process. He loves the town and the people that live there, and will typically try and teach whomever he is pulling over a lesson rather than giving them a ticket, so long as the offense isn't grievous. While understanding, Joel is known around the station as one who believes that we know people by their deeds, not their words, and his sympathy towards crime only extends so far. Actions have consequences, and people must be held accountable for their actions. It is the true sign of maturity when one owns up to their mistakes, believing that you can't run from your problems: you can only face them.

Although he is at odds with the changing landscape of his hometown, it is known to some that Joel quit a previously high paying corporate career in favor for truly helping those around him, and finding fulfillment in life. Ultimately, he does not enjoy being a "tough" cop, and is for the most part friendly, and he has a strong desire to protect those around him when danger arises. It is his job, after all.

Off Time Knowledge
    When off duty, Joel typically does not talk about his police work much, much rather enjoying small talk about the simple things in life. You can likely find him at a local bar, although he does not drink, or reading at a cafe, while in his plainclothes.

He has a very laid back attitude, with the belief that troubles come and then they pass, and that life should be simple, and happy; more should care about the comforts of home, than the promises of inexorable corporations.

#1 Carver, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Andrew Noah, Rally, MindGate and 5 others like this.
  2. Carver

Carver Member

Relationships
    Key
    Love
    Best Friends
    Very Friendly
    Friendly
    Neutral
    Ambivalent
    Cool
    Dislike
    Extreme Dislike
    Hate

-------------------------
    Family

Alyssa Matthews
    (Alive)
    "I hope it was worth it, all this. Guess we were just headed for two different paths, I don't know, but— yeah. The time we had was great. Hope you're happier with corporate, than with me,"

Leah Behn
    (Alive)
    "Look forward to seeing you, baby girl. Daddy loves you,"

A Year in Portland

Officer David Gaines
    (Dead)
    "You were a good friend. And then your face turned to some, fucking red jello— blood everywhere— all over me— the walls... Jesus. Rest easy, man,"

Junkie
    (Dead)
    "You were a son-of-a-bitch, and I probably did the world a favor when you left it. But that doesn't make things right. You were someone's kid, and, well. Just wonder where you went wrong in life that made you meet this end. Still. You were a fucking murderer, and you can't excuse that. I'm sorry you had a bad childhood— or whatever happened with you— but you never got over it. Actions have consequences, and, well. Yeah."

The Astoria Police Department

Officer Gregory Mullen
    (Alive)
    "One of my best friends. We've known each other for almost thirty years now. Couldn't ask for a better pal,"

"You, my friend, are one bad ass driver for not dying during that situation with the Norwegian from Outer Space. Though I guess we already knew that, huh? Remember back on the roads, 80s? Good old days,"

Sergeant Courtney Barnett
    (Alive)
    "Knew you a bit when growing up, but we became better friends while on the force together. You kept your head cool during our conflict with Rambo out in the woods, and helped make sure we got the civilians to safety. You're a great friend, and a great sergeant,"

Officer Barry Kensington
    (Alive)
    "The new kid. I don't think he really understands what we used to have in this town. Maybe he will once he gets older, but I think he at least sympathizes. Maybe we're just getting older ourselves. But anyway, he's a good kid, eager to do good, and handled himself well with the 'Norwegian from Outer Space' situation,"

Detective Aubrey Moreau
    (Alive)
    "You're pretty good at your job, but, you may want to relax just a bit. I feel when you take this job all too seriously all the time, you may go a little insane. But, nonetheless, we both joined the APD at around the same time, and you handled yourself well during the firefight with that Rambo guy. Overall I consider you a friend,"

Chief Horace 'Ace' Caulson
    (Alive)

"The Chief. Good guy, all around. He can be a little full of himself at times, but, hell, who wouldn't really after working up to chief? Takes the job seriously, and I'm glad to have him during this influx of crime,"

Astoria

Tom Spencer
    (Alive)
    "I got a feeling you may serve to minors, but we don't got any proof. If that ever gets out then yeah, we'll probably be having problems, but y'know, with those just being rumors round the force'n all, but personally I think you're a stand up guy. It's good to see good folks round here, and the bar reminds me of how things used to be in town, back in the day,"

Nicole Lennard
    (Alive)
    "You handled yourself well in the shootout with Rambo. A lot of actual cops might've cracked under the pressure, but you kept your cool and helped get the injured man to safety. Good job,"

"I feel like we always tend to meet when I'm investigating a crime, which is a shame since you seem alright. It was a little silly calling in what turned out to be roadkill, but I can see where your're coming from. Hope we can actually talk under better circumstances for once,"

Loreen "Sky" Lennard
    (Alive)
    "Not sure how often you got to deal with crazed killers taking potshots at you in the Forest Service, but you handled yourself well out there, and helped me drag that guy to safety, even when we were being shot at. It's brave, even if it's our jobs, and, well. You did good out there,"

"It's nice talking with you too, and I'm glad someone finds my police stories funny. You're a good person, I can tell that, and I consider you a friend,"

Marian Castle
    (Alive)
    "Don't know you well, but you didn't seem like a criminal. Hope things turned out well for you, and you were just in a bad situation,"

Jason Rodgers
    (Alive)
    "I know you, well, sorta. You're the Mayor's bodyguard, but I never really talked with you much. Though I got to admit, the whole killing thing? Was bit of a surprise. Nonetheless, that guy was fucking insane. I hope they let you off with self defense, man,"

Richard Schrantz
    (Alive)
    "It's pretty obvious you're not a criminal. Sorry you had to go through that whole ordeal, but, it's procedure. Y'know how it is,"

Cliff Weston
    (Alive)
    "I don't really know why, but I like you kid. You got dealt a bad hand in life, and unlike probably an innumerable amount of others I've seen in my line of work— you didn't up and resort to crime. Sorry for pulling you over, but it's the law and all. I hope you find who or what you're looking for, and things turn out alright for you,"

"Looks like you do have some issues going on that I may not know about however,"

Lemon Cooper
    (Alive)
    "You should probably learn how to put on your headlights and avoid hitting dogs. Happens to the best of us, but still,"

"I beat you in pool. You're enthusiastic, but nice, and not vain. You give us police free coffee at your shop, and that's a huge bonus too. I'm sorry about what happened, but you really do seem like a great person. It makes me happy to see when other people are happy, and it is folks like you that make this job worth doing."

Charles Paulson
    (Alive)
    "Man, you need to like, watch some more Disney movies or some shit my guy,"

Isaac Ramirez

(Alive)
    "You don't talk much, but you seem friendly enough. I appreciate your appreciation too. Back in Portland we used to get a pretty hard time, being cops and all, so it always means a lot when we get a thanks now and then,"

Rhett Hundridge

(Alive)
    "It's good to have some religion be brought to Astoria. With the influx of crime, it's nice to see someone is out there wanting to help make people happy, and fulfilled. Though, you do seem a little... unusual, for a priest, but, I don't know. I'm a Catholic, and your from Utah, so I doubt we're the same denomination, but we're both Christian men and I can appreciate that. Plus you're pretty funny too. Good man, all around,"

Chelsea Barnes

(Alive)
    "You're a good kid. Honestly, you kinda remind me of us from back in the day— go out early in the morning— play all day, go home for dinner. Good old days those were. But, anyway, hope you can still have a good childhood here in Astoria, in spite of crime rising. It's because of kids like you that help keep me motivated with the job,"

Ajax Kilgore

(Alive)

"I'm glad you're on the good side, that's all I can say bud, because you are a scary mofo. But anyway, you seem alright, and are a friend of Lemon's,"

"Rambo"
    (Alive)
    "You're going away for a while. Killing your wife's lover? Alright, maybe if you stuck with that the jury probably would've let you off easy because it was a crime of passion and all that jazz. But quite literally starting a war in the woods with the police outside town, full First Blood style and all? Well, haha. Yeah, good luck is all I can say bud,"

Olaf Sarpborg

(Dead)
    "Didn't know Arkham Asylum was letting the patients out on a field trip. Damaged private property, threatened a civilian with a dangerous weapon, evaded police— well— you probably got what was coming to you,"

Michael 'Norwegian from Outer Space' Williams

(Alive)
    "You, my friend, are quite possibly one of the dumbest motherfuckers I've ever met throughout all my years on the force. Plus, you almost murdered my best friend. You'll be going away for a while, bud, and the world will be a safer place because of it,"

#2 Carver, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  3. VCarrasola

VCarrasola Master of the Crops Nation

he's dirty

4. Threadmarks: https://i.imgur.com/SQuvjyi.png
    Carver

Carver Member

West Point Police were duh true corrupt police state

F for Cpt. Timothy Ryan

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Updated first batch of relationships.

If I forgot to add you just say the word and I'll try and put you in.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's a lot of attention to detail put into this char, I appreciate him

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ashwood Cove Police Department

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relationship update

John/Jane Doe likes this.