Ollie's Diary

Discussion in 'Journals and Stories' started by EnvyDemon, Aug 8, 2019.

1. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

January 28th, 2016

Dear Diary,

So... here I am again. I'm keeping a damn diary again, something I haven't done since I was 10, but, I haven't had human contact in months, but, that's mainly from my own choice, seeing as the moment I step outside I'm going to fucking freeze to death. So, I've been sleeping in a bunch of blankets, and rationing what little food I have.

It's sorta nice, since, nobody seems to know that I live in the rafters of this old Movie theater, a benefit so I can get my work done. At least, the movie theater has very little windows, which, while might be a massive issue in the summer, at the moment, prevents me from freezing to death.

At the moment, I have enough food to last me, a, few more days at best, meaning, I might have to go out to find more.

In the meantime, I found a few books on making things like Napalm and Dynamite, which, might come in handy at some point, if I ever need to booby trap a building. I'm weary of setting them up in here, even though there are several entrances I don't use, due to the fact that:

1. An explosion could attract Reds

2. An explosion could attract unwanted attention

3. An explosion could hurt someone who isn't trying to rob me, a downside of being hidden.

4. An explosion could start a fire, which would lead to 1 and 2, in addition to the fact I might destroy my shelter.

So, I doubt I would use motion triggered devices in regards to things like Napalm, but, I might want to use a remote trigger.

So, Dad, Robotics Club did fucking come in handy, you twit.

-Ollie

omjo93, MindGate and John/Jane Doe like this.
  2. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

January 29th, 2016

Dear Diary,

So, I moved shop today. Honestly, I was getting afraid of the mall. They've been quiet, not leaving all that much, which, makes me wonder if they're gonna come check out the theater next time they come out. Miles scares the ever loving shit out of me, so if I never have to see him again, it would be too soon.

So, I grabbed everything I could and drove up to a house in the neighborhood up north. The house seems secure enough, and has a supply room in one of the spare bedrooms.

Anyways, I don't hear many zeds, but, I will be paying attention on any activity in the area. In the meantime, I'm just glad I can sleep in an actual bed again.

-Ollie

3. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

January 30th, 2016

Dear Diary,

A woman came to my house today. She claimed she was starving and didn't look to well dressed. The food surplus I had was small, but, I didn't really have to much of a choice, at least, I didn't have much of a choice that I could live with. Hell, she said she had children for gods sake.

I hope she's okay, she said she appreciated it. At least, I have enough to keep my strength up, and I need to find more food soon. At least, I know I can last a week if needed.

-Ollie

4. EnvyDemon

EnvyDemon Member

February 15th, 2016

Dear Diary,

We're now a year into this mess, but I'm unsure if I could go on.

From the looks of things, I need to get out of here. This Valley, it isn't safe. I've seen smoke and heard gunshots coming from the mall. I think those cultist guys are attacking. I don't know where I'm going to go, but.... honestly, I want to be anywhere but here.

I might see about heading to the west coast, if Hillock is correct, then there might be something of a government left. Maybe they'd finally let me join...

-Ollie

John/Jane Doe likes this.