General News Status of the Server

Discussion in 'News' started by Pann, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

2. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Pann

Pann Worst Admin Ever
    Take All My Money!

Hello everyone - I am Pann, and if you don't know me, I am one of the admin here at AGN New Dawn.

I wanted to give everyone a bit of an update on our goings-on.

- Ownership of the server:
    Since Tibby left AGN, Legion and Jian took over ownership. The two of them brought me in, as a co-owner, to help keep the server functioning.

- AGN's goal:
    Aside from the obvious: Keeping New Dawn going, our goal is to expand AGN into a community rather than just a one game forum. We want to be a community of gamers who share our love for gaming, roleplay, and storytelling. We want to be more than a server, we want to be a community of friends. We want you to be able to share your stories, your interests, your music, your humor and your personalities.

- New Dawn:
    Currently we are on the lore " A Road Ahead". This lore has lasted 6 months, and it one of our longest lasting lores to date. We DO have some more story to tell, and this lore is continuing on. The plot is written, and is in motion, we just need you players here and active to keep it moving.

- Applications:
    Due to some RL complications, we have been taking a bit longer on the application side of things. I apologize for this, but we are doing our best to get the wait times down to acceptable levels.

- Admin Needs:
    We are ALWAYS on the look for new admin and new moderators. Applications for these will never close. One of the goals we are trying to do is strike a balance between admin work and game-time. We are working to make the load on admin easier. If you are interested in being an admin or a moderator, feel free to put in an app concerning this. I will make note that only active players and players who have been around for over a month will be considered at this time.

- Future:
    We are always considering the future. All I will say is enjoy what the lore has and help make the world what you want it to be. Play the game, and affect the lore with your characters rather than demanding admin "make events" to give your players something to do. There are LOTS of events in the world right now for players to pick up on and investigate.

I will mention that I am really proud of the players at the NEZ who have not only made their own "faction" but who have accelled at making their own story. It is refreshing.

- Conclusion:
    I WILL leave this news post open for discussion, but any negativity will be shut down. You are welcome to discuss concerns, but there are things we will not discuss, so don't be upset if I shut certain conversations down. We WELCOME suggestions and concerns, so please, feel free to give constructive feedback.

Espa, Deleted member 1962 and Tucker like this.
  2. Espa

Espa Ex Machina
    Contributor

Thanks Pann for writing this up. :)

As a new player on the server, I've had a really great time with the plot and with every character I've met. I would like to say that everyone's been great at welcoming me and helping my character along with plot, items, food, and etc. Really great people here, for sure, and I can't wait to see what happens with the Lore and Plot in the future.

I know a lot of people were hankering for new Lore or stuff to do, but since i'm new, I have plenty of stuff to do and making my own missions just seemed like the thing to do xD Working at the NEZ and playing there, it's been a great time!

Hope to see a lot more awesomeness down the line. Cheers.

Deleted member 1962 and Tucker like this.
  3. Alex12

Alex12 Member

well, fwe got some word. So I'm happy with this, also yeah, kudos to the NEZ

Deleted member 1962 likes this.
  4. Devon

Devon Member
    Take All My Money! Contributor + Contributor

To touch upon some of Pann's awesome points:

Yes, there is more lore content that players will see. There are also some complete changes--both in story and the way events give players intrigue, conflict, rewards, and consequences. It won't be a 180, of course. Those familiar with our current quest system will still find it is very much intact. But they might also notice a small shift in. . .direction? Taking a page from the Ashwood Cove lore, there will be more of a focus on figuring out the grand mysteries which drive our lore by hopefully giving players a little more 'lore history' content to spark research, social rp, and faction conflict.

Yes, past story lines, NPCs, and factions still exist. they've fallen into the background, *at the moment*, but they're very much tied into this slight shift in direction. Current long-term characters will still be able to explore these elements--whether it's to profit from them or destroy them. These NPCs, faction stories, and ideas will still exist and make a physical return in some way, shape, or form, as they're part of the lore's DNA.

I'll be making a post, soon, which more or less gives a rundown about where our current lore is at. Everything is touch and go, of course. As Pann has said: We very much are future-oriented. At the moment, all of this relies on player involvement--as well as inviting new community members and giving them a welcoming environment to explore. A good few of you have been wonderful in creating stories for others, making factions, making conflict, and making inspiring resolutions to the lore's dangerous environment. A lot of this stuff wouldn't be possible without you guys--and thank you all so much for that.

#4 Devon, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2018
    a rabbit and Espa like this.
  5. Joe

Joe New Member

I may be interested in taking an admin position at some point. Depends on how heavy the work load is. I have done admin work and created several events for dozens of RPers in the past so I should be able to work up some cool stuff to fit with the lore. For now though I'm just enjoying all the RP :)

a rabbit, Warden and Espa like this.
  6. Warden

Warden All-Powerful Manlet
    Manlet Emperor Contributor + Contributor

Player-made events will work like free market system.

7. Jpurts776

Jpurts776 Member

Is there anything planned to rectify the fact that the two main factions, that being the Mongols and The Manor have almost 0 active players?

#7 Jpurts776, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  8. Devon

Devon Member

Basically, yeah. Faction inactivity was definitely a hurdle to hop, but mechanics/story/environment are being changed to help out, here.

At the moment, both factions seem to be having a good bit of activity. Touch-and-go again, but in the near future this should hopefully only improve.

9. John/Jane Doe

John/Jane Doe Still Alive.

Excelled*

10. Devon

Devon Member

Let's not troll here, typos and spelling mistakes happen to everyone man. But feedback is definitely welcome.

11. Phobia

Phobia Member

Rodney, Katelyn, Hannah, and Natalia for the Manor. Admittedly, four characters is not a massive amount and the Manor could absolutely use more activity. However, those characters have been a consistent presence and it seems insulting to call them almost zero.

Edit: And JJ, I'm calling you out. You have at least one character supposedly in the Manor. If you have time to be correcting spelling, you have time to log on.

#11 Phobia, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    VCarrasola likes this.
  12. Warden

Warden All-Powerful Manlet
    Manlet Emperor Contributor + Contributor

Mayhaps people just wanna do their thing

13. John/Jane Doe

John/Jane Doe Still Alive.