Alive Thais Qorva

Discussion in 'Character Biographies' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Invite your friends

Invite your friends and get a free Project Zomboid key

Read More

2. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

3. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THAIS QUORVA
    [​IMG]
    Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Backstory:
    Having hitchhiked from the south of the United States into the Illinois state just before the Infection and quarantine went up, Thais was a troubled young Greek woman fleeing from the stranglehold of her abusive family. Having learned the skills to survive on a meager living of petty thievery and minor manipulations, the Orthodox youth struggled to keep her Faith. But as the Infection spread and became the new reality, she was forced into running once again. Death and chaos were everywhere, soaking up the concrete jungles of the then-abandoned cities and towns. Her own death seemed quite imminent, if not for the kindnesses of strangers.

Finally found a new home with the NEZ, an attempted-neutral ground for traders and all other survivors who roamed the wastes, things were suddenly lost when they came under attack by a plethora of trials that tested many and killed many more. As hope once again waned for the young woman, along came a spider with a promise to restore herself, to give herself the ability to help once more. .

. .Sometimes a deal with the devil is better than no deal at all. .

#1 Anonymous, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
    BigDaddy666, El Cid, Holt and 3 others like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"She also desires to find out the source of the demonic forces, to seek out the mutants as she has heard about to kill them."

Good luck.

Espa likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After much effort and the combined assistance of Amanda Cooper, David Frederick, Timofei, and many others for their inspirations and items, The Holy Unmercenaries Orthodox Church has been restored just southwest down the Highway from the NEZ, or Red Fox Trading Company.

[​IMG]
    The Holy Unmercenaries Orthodox Church
    (Sect of NEZ Community)
    Group synopsis: A throw-back to a real-life Byzantine group that assisted people without cost, Members of this modern age Orthodox collective strive to praise God by submitting themselves to the service of others in the Lord's example. Self-sacrifice, feeding the hungry, and smiting the Devils that have risen against the Faithful and those survivors who have not found God.

"These days, the Revelations have spoken true, and the Damned have taken purchase of this world. But The Word says that it does not last - It says that the Devil fails and that the Righteous take hold of the world once more, having beaten back the Darkness that had reigned for their short period. Have Faith and embrace the Lord, Jesus Christ, for He loves you and His burden is light. Know him and truly be saved."
    -Abbess Thais Qorva

Sub-Faction Ranks:

Abbess: Mother of the Church, fixture in service and ceremony. Oversees all Church-related activity, installs new Deacons, serves in ceremony for Baptism and Catechism, as well as listens to Confession.
    Thais Qorva

Deacon: Male Leaders of the Faith, servants to all in the religious community and beyond. Works for the betterment of All's Souls in their every action. Provides Conversion, Baptism, Confession. Authority just after the Abbess of Church-Activity and Ceremony. Generally stays nearby the Church.
    Timofei

Missionary: Traveling servants of God, must work for a better tomorrow for All God's Children, as well as convert others to Faith in their respective far-off bases.

Catechumen: Studying the Faith and God in order to join the community. A quickened process so that members may reach God no matter how much effort they put in.

Good Samaritan: NonOrthodox that the Faithful pray for nonetheless their approach to God. Trusted members of the Church.
    David Frederick
    Luna Sanguis

#3 Anonymous, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2018
    MindGate and Warden like this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so...

DEUS VULT TIME?!

Espa likes this.
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By all means, become my crusader against the Devil ;D

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Added just a bit more info and a song of Byzantine Chant, so others can get an idea of her Faith and her version of praying. (Chanting)

Enjoy :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baptized Andrew Parks today in the River near the Church - He became a full Orthodox member of the Church, a Missionary to live by example for others. Added music for Inner Character.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Updated relationships.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Updated Bio a lot.

Warden likes this.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accepted her place in her faith. She's taken down the title of Nun, as she feels she's fallen away from her oath in Sin. - Still, Thais takes her Faith seriously as a devout Orthodox faithful. Seeing her past sins as a misery, she strives hard to bring others to the Light of God, to protect them from the encroaching demons.

The mist is coming.

(Minor update)

#10 Anonymous, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
  11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Small relationship update. May add more later.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Faceclaim?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cristine Prosperi :)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bumperita.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Due to picking up a propane tank that was being licked by flames and taking it away from the garage to save it, Thais' left hand was cut off before the NEZ could respond with medical ointment for her deep burns.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...medical ointment? For complete second and third degree burns of the flexor surface? The hell kind of ointment were you going to wait for, Leprechaun jizz?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The treatment of third-degree burns may require the process of skin grafting or the use of synthetic skin. Severe burns covering large parts of the body may need more intensive treatments such as intravenous (IV) antibioticsto prevent infection or IV fluids to replace fluids lost when skin was burned."

I can source several links. Removing a hand with Third Degree Burns is excessive and outlandish for a treatment, especially when you have the Antibiotic Ointment Cream on hand. Infection takes time to form, as well as Necrosis.

https://www.chop.edu/conditions-diseases/third-degree-burns

As for the Third Degree Burns, they only extended from her thumbs to index fingers, touching at her palms where she briskly grabbed the burning propane tank.

Warden likes this.
  18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As another point here, coming from the person who played the Doctor doing the scene? I inquired whether Rafael had these items on-hand upstairs. I was told they did not exist and that nobody really had any antibiotics to help Thais through such an infection. I think that's something that people seem to forget, we're not in a hospital, we don't have access to a hospital, a sterile environment or ample surgical tools to see certain things done and completed. The NEZ is not that sanitary, nor are its residents. Throughout my entire procedure on Thais, I had people running into the room who had just got done fighting a fire. I'll confess, I find the prospect that my character is actually being told that what he did was outlandish in this particular instance silly.

I mean, look at it from this perspective - my first question was where this clinic even was and I'm told that nobody truly has access to it or it really doesn't exist because it sits in an pre-dominantly offline characters room who also happens to be the present leader. What are we really suppose to do with this in that situation, amputate both Ryan and Thais arm on an unsanitary bar? I don't know, I think given the general situation, personally, both Thais and Ryan were very lucky. They had surgery in a pretty filthy environment with very little to no actual medicine. No hard feelings on my side or anything, nor disrespect - I enjoyed the scene for what it was and I applaud you for willingly taking that route.

PS.

If there are hard feelings here, I did say that you could decide whether or not to amputate it from both an OOC or IC perspective because I did not want you to feel like your character was being shafted. I can't really say much else besides that besides I really enjoyed the scene and I truly hope you did, too.

Exmortis321 likes this.
  19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your source is a great one! ...for burns not involving digits or extremities. The hand simply doesn't have enough insulation in comparison to the rest of the body. The palmar surface also NEEDS to be able to stretch and bend, which would not be accounted for when healing even a second degree burn. You absolutely would lose all function of the hand without complicated corrective surgery as well as a skin graft, which the attending doctor was not capable of. In that situation, lifesaving becomes the priority. The loss of the hand's function was a given. At that point on, it only represented a danger to the patient based on infection risk. With no antibiotics and with no way to maintain tissue perfusion, the digits would have gone necrotic. Even with antibiotics, you would have had a one in five chance of losing the hand anyway. With proper hospitals and doctors, severe burns to the hand still involve a ten percent chance of amputation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4780278/

I'll add a little onto this with another link:
    https://www.remm.nlm.gov/burns.htm
    The American Burn Association, the Advanced Trauma Life Support, and the Advanced Burn Life Support curricula all recognize the severity of hand burns by classifying these as injuries requiring treatment at a burn center. You actually had two burn injuries that required referral to a burn center:
    1. Burns that involve the face, hands, feet, genitalia, perineum, or major joints.
    2. Third degree burns in any age group
    So we're looking at full-thickness, circumferential burns since they were third degree affecting the digits, with a strong possibility for compartment syndrome and necrosis. To say nothing of the contractures from the second-degree burns affecting the dermis. It would require debridement, fluid management, escharotomy, skin grafts, a full antibiotic series, and physical therapy in an environment where none of these things are readily available or practical. Now, the argument could be made that an amputation wouldn't have had to occur immediately. Necrosis tends to form in about three hours or so, which still isn't a great window of opportunity. However, a single antibiotic ointment, even if it was retapamulin, would be like emptying a kiddie pool with a dixie cup. Sure, it helps and would certainly be part of any solution, but it is not reliable as a single source solution.

#19 Anonymous, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2018
    John/Jane Doe likes this.
  20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Responding to both posts above.

To the Doctor who played the RP, I enjoyed being a part of the Event and actually being able to work with it, participate in a dramatic way in the roleplay. I haven't been able to really be any kind of part of the overarching story in my time on the server, so this was really exciting and fun to mess around with. With the propane tank, I really felt like Thais got a moment to be a small hero, not letting the garage blow up - But to add more dramatic consequence to David Clarke's actions, I decided to give my character a RP wound to make the situation even more messy.

But into the Injury RP, and being notified about possible amputation, I didn't want to retcon things already said and pushed forward. This is partly my mistake, I suppose, but now led to the 'Clinic', Thais' medical RP was so rushed through and had zero preparation for the operation. I'll confess, I feel shortchanged. -- You guys are speaking of how dirty the NEZ is, how dirty everyone was, etc, but Thais' wound was not cleaned, the flesh to be cut not cleaned, the scalpel nor the wiring not cleaned, Thais' smokey dirty clothing from running into the storage facility was not removed.

To pile on that, the Doctor said he would return in 5 minutes and never did. She never had her sewn-wound cleaned and was deposited to her room by her friends at the end of the RP. Now. . Because of a dirty amputation, I kind of have to play out Thais getting infection and sepsis.

------------------------
    In response to the second post, I can appreciate your medical knowledge and that's awesome, truly. But that isn't how the RP went down.

As the Doctor was making an incision on Thais' left hand to initiate the amputation, a few people came in with the needed medicine and told the Doctor to stop. He continued the emote and I responded with great pain, etc. (What you can expect if you get your hand garroted off). Passing out, my character was left to the mercy of the others. The Doctor then used the Antibiotic Ointment Cream on the second hand in lieu of amputation. In this particular instance, it seems it was just fine of a remedy.