Theo Garcia

Discussion in 'Character Biographies' started by Anonymous, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Theo Garcia
    [​IMG]
    Biographical Information
    D.O.B.February 12, 1987
    BirthplaceRiverside, California
    Age28
    StatusAlive
    GenderMale
    RaceLatino
    Height5'11''
    Weight173 lbs.
    OccupationUnemployed

Symmetrical Latino features read on this young millennial's face, a small measure of stubble garnishing his upper lip and faint freckles speckled along his nose. Dark, early 2000's boyband hair is brushed off to the side, threatening to reach down to his eyes. The grime on his skin and stains on his clothes detract from his boyish charms just a touch. His wandering gaze suggests he’s deeply preoccupied in a world of his own--one he's stubbornly hesitant to let others into.

There’s a cream-colored sweater on his torso, tucked into faded jeans. He’s sporting brown chelsea boots matched with a beaten brown belt at his waist. A large canvas sports bag is hefted over his shoulders, the handle of a baseball bat peeking out the slightest bit.

He struggles to make eye contact. What originally comes across as being timid can quickly reveal itself to be a sort of nonchalant confidence, though social interactions with him can prove confusing and tiring.

Theo moved to a cheap apartment in Lexington, Kentucky on an ill-advised journey to self-discovery in 2007, an easily recognized local in the sprawling city. Few have been able to glean details of his past--not that they're particularly interesting. He spent his time jumping between several low-income jobs; a jack-of-all-trades but a master of none, work ranging from freelance uncertified fitness instructor, to stand-up comic, to busking musician, to fry cook. He had brief friendships and romantic relationships, but nothing held his interest long enough to fend off his chronic ennui. He was content sampling what the world had to offer one piece at a time--its people, its places, and its things.

-
    _

-

Relationships

Abram I haven't had someone watch my back like this in a long while. Perhaps it isn't smart of me to trust him so early. It doesn't matter. I do. I don't know how much longer our paths will align, but I feel safer with him on my side.
    --
    This has all sucked the life out of me, but it's taken even more from him. It's become harder to see any light in his eyes. I've tried telling him that none of it was our goddamn fault. But he knew I was lying. We're not dull enough to accept that.
    --
    You're the only one here I can depend on. You taught me how to survive, how to carry on, how to make myself useful. Perhaps I'm blowing it out of proportion, but I don't want to disappoint you, and, well. That's how things often sort themselves out.
    --
    Your son still hasn't come back. I haven't really known how to broach the subject. I suppose we can stay away from it for now.
    --
    He never came back for you. But I never heard you doubt that he would. You was a difficult one to lose, and, well, I wish someone had bothered to tell me. There's no one watching my back now.

Lincoln Sharp and supportive, but knows the true value of personal freedoms. The silence we held on the road was enough for me to know that he has his priorities straight. I hope that what we had to do doesn't haunt him.
    --
    Lincoln would die for us, he's said as much. I've never really thought that much about anyone else, but... if put in that situation, I'd have to. We've got nothing left but each other now. We should value it.
    --
    It was supposed to be us and them. I guess that all disappeared at the same time you did. I hope you come back.

Arthur Hillock Tough, and messy. I'd like to say that we've helped him fight through his problems, but all of this seems to be dragging him back down. What we had to do only made all that worse.
    --
    Broken, more than he was before. That doesn't mean he's beyond saving--watching his life almost slip away, what I thought where his final moments, it was sobering. I'm not quite sure where he went off to, but I hope he's safe.
    --
    I'm surprised how difficult it was when he vanished. His decline wasn't hard to see coming,

Wesley He deserves better than what this world is putting him through. A considerate guy with a lot of heart and a decent head on his shoulders. I still haven't asked him what he was so upset about, when we found him.
    --
    Come on, where are you?

Cody The pied piper. The masked man. Vietnam. This guy had a reputation, and staying with him taught me why. He knew how to keep things secure, how to help others, and how to cut loose and run when they needed him.
    --
    Our egos can cost us our lives. I suppose I've been needing a reminder like that to sober me up. The way you left us set up red flags, but I never thought you'd end up aggravated enough to pull something like this.

Chelsea She's grown on me, certainly. I assume others have a similar desire to keep her safe, seeing as she's lasted this long. She's... quite comfortable with this situation. So I guess that's why my past concerns still stand. She could grow up into anything, running around out there. Who knows what twists and turn a growing brain can take when the dead grasp at you left and right.
    --
    I think she wanted to move somewhere else with that gasoline Cody had, but all she likely did was run into a wall of dead.
    --
    She isn't going to make it through all of this. She wants to see too much.

Dr. Harper You're very playful. Doesn't seem malicious, but I don't like it. Watching you bloody your hands, going to work on a human body... it's disconcerting. But your talents have helped a lot of us. I should set my nerves aside and help her with what I can.
    --
    There's a lot to learn from her--maybe even more than she lets on. She makes unusual company, and doesn't make an effort to hide it. I suppose she doesn't need to.

Api Let's see what you make.
    --
    A little hard to ignore her when she's in the room. Sometimes I think I understand her, sometimes I don't. There must be such an... overload of conflicting information, rattling around in there.

Don He feeds us often enough, he's teaching me to be stronger, he seems to trust me. I'm grateful for it.
    --
    He took a beating. I'm wondering if he'll come out of it the same.

Lexi
    Thanks for the food. I hope you're alive, wherever you are.
    --
    I'd know if you were.

Isaac ✹ Looks like he knows how to bring a little light to his group. I don't know how he does it, but, he has an important job. And it seems he's still alive to do it.
    --
    Poor guy. I suppose a pinch of reason could have told me he wouldn't make it. Even so, we had a certain kinship after all that happened with the breach.

☾ Ivy ☾ A sweet girl with a group who cares about her. They've done a good job of keeping her alive, and, well, I suppose she has too. It must take a tenacity I'll never have to carry on in those crutches.
    --
    I can't feel terribly bad about you because I never spent more than a few minutes with you, but, well. Like Isaac, we had a little kinship for a while.

Heaven Raging hormones can't be a fun thing to deal with in times like these.
    --
    They really aren't. I'll have to keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't hurt herself.

Octavia She was a tortured soul, we could all tell. Her outbursts, her tragedies, all on display for us. And I pitied her, I really did. But she worried me, too. All that said, a note would have been nice.
    --
    I assume you're either dead, or you snapped. We still have your car. I'm sorry you didn't get to live a full life. You would have done well for yourself.

Sam Another kid, stuck in all this--they're becoming a bit of an oddity. She's kind and considerate... I'm just wondering what she'll turn into, if people manage to keep her alive long enough. And how complicit we'll all be.
    --
    It's a good thing I have enough pride to be fine with training alongside a teenage girl. She seems to be doing... reasonably well.

Jack I wonder where you went. Or who you really were. I don't regret letting you in, but who knows what choice I had.
    --
    Still a stranger, but growing to become a familiar face. I should have a chat with him.

Elliot At his age, I was exploring the world for what it had to offer. Taking what I valued from it and learning what I felt I should. I had both legs, and a living, breathing world around me. I can't imagine the full scope of what he's been through. Only the odd bit and piece. I'll make sure he's comfortable enough.

Devlin I appreciate the effort everyone is putting in to keep her safe--it seems she can't entirely control the way she acts. But she's just so violent, volatile. I wonder how people stand her company.
    --
    I'm missing details on what happened to you, but it doesn't surprise me.

Billy You seem to bring out the bloodlust in everyone here. We'll see how long you last.

-
    _

-

Locations/Factions

The Mall It seems to have settled here. Our rations have bought us tolerance, for now. We'll have some storms to brave.
    --
    There's reason to keep your gun handy now, reason to sleep in shifts, reason to choose company carefully. I won't let them take me next.

Gas Station Remnants Every survivor is lost. We just felt more lost than most. We're largely disassembled now. It felt like we might really stay together for a while. A support network. I suppose nothing will really work out like that from here on out.
    --
    I'm the only one left.

♟ The Dead ♟ It feels like murder, when I kill these. It's upsetting to think that there was I time where I thought that these were just people, capable of being cured. They're not anymore. They're something new--but killing them still feels violating.
    --
    I've been killing these much less often. Every death humanizes these creatures more, and I don't want to think about it.

#1 Anonymous, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

manlet

piggs likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

small update whoopsie

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

update thing

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jack Rogers and piggs like this.
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is actually so funny I'm gonna die...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

been updating this for a bit, bump