U-Build-It

Discussion in 'News' started by Grayfox, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

2. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Grayfox

Grayfox The ominous presence watching you rp
    Staff Member

Hello New Dawn, all of us admins have been talking and we all wanted to propose something. Now, keep in mind while reading that this will be a test run, but we are willing to give it a shot. We understand that as a player you are mechanically limited, and therefore it may be hard to orchestrate events you want to do. So, the admin team is offering its assistance to any player who wants to build an event. Wanna do an event but need more bodies? Have an idea thats a bit out of your scope? We will help you! The admin team is open to all ideas as long as they remain in the pre apoc setting, so send them in!

DISCLAIMER: While every idea will be considered, not every one will be chosen or none maybe chosen at all if they alter the main story line in a major way. Your ideas will all be discussed in admin chat and we will decide which ones we think are feasible. We also cant do personal events where you are the only benefactor, since our staff is limited admin assisted events will have to effect more then 3 players! We only ask that everyone please remember this is a trial run, if it works well, we will consider extending it into the apocalypse.

Place your ideas below or PM me directly, cant wait to see what you all come up with!

Rally and DrBezz like this.
  2. Mannington

Mannington New Member

I feel as if events that have a DM of sorts could only ever be a benefit. Anything where the players involved are subject to and must react/respond to a mind that isn't their own.

A hunting trip that goes wrong.
    A bar full of people watching the game, half supporting one team - half supporting the other.
    A picket outside one of the Pharma companies.

All of the above can 100% be done by the players and players alone, but they're only ever going to react to themselves - and the ways they want to further their particular story. However, all of them can also be enhanced with a third party who is, ultimately, the dice roll. Paints the picture of how many people are there, what happens, how it happens -- things outside of the players' control.

3. DrBezz

DrBezz SeƱor Admin
    Staff Member Take All My Money! Senior Admin Passive Aggressive Contributor + Contributor

Just to add to this, I encourage people to progress their own stories the way they see it best. I honestly love sitting back sometimes and just reading logs from events I couldn't attend because I love what you guys do here. (I'm not trying to emphasis her eI'm seriously telling you what I used to do lol)

4. Mannington

Mannington New Member

That's not to say I think the admins should always take the mantle for events; especially not player-driven ones. For events whereby there's a lot of variables, and things that could happen, or go wrong or whatever -- it'd be beneficial to have an actual mind other that those involved deciding that. I'd be happy to do that myself [providing my gaming hours work in tandem]. I'd just make it clear that my character is not actually there, and anything I say/do is pertaining wholly to the event in question.