UPDATE: Map Wipe and Official Lore Start

Discussion in 'Lore Announcements and News' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Information

View the lore information BEFORE posting an application.

Event Notices

>Click here to view<

Character Creation Information

>Click here to view<

Lore Information

>Click here to view<

2. Invite your friends

Invite your friends and get a free Project Zomboid key

Read More

3. Factions News

Click the link to view information regarding playable IC Factions

>> Click HERE for Lore Information <<

Dismiss Notice
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goooood afternoon or evening or morning (wherever you are). So, we have received a lot of feedback regarding the map wipe at 3pm EST today (which, if you've been on server, hasn't happened yet - that's cause I'm slow and old).

The goal was to reset the map *prior* to official lore start. This way, we don't have to touch it again (in a significant way) for the rest of the lore, and everyone can play and be happy. We have heard that some folks do not like the time of day because of work, school, family etc and some are upset of the same day final notice.

Another part of the reason for wanting to do it today, is we will have limited technical support this weekend and don't want to have a repeat of last weekend with the map issues. Having said that, the admins have discussed this at length, and hopefully have come up with a plan that will please everyone.

Starting tonight, I will put the updated map up on the Test Server only. Once that is done (time TBD cause I'm trying to bust out the last part of this thing, but probably in about 3-4 hours), I will give a heads up across New Dawn platforms and turn off the main server temporarily.

This is to basically test the load on the map updates to ensure we don't have the same server crash issues from last weekend in a test environment. More players on, the better testing we will have. The whitelist for this limited time event will be OPEN, so you will be able to create your own name (still New Dawn, so keep it clean), join the server and run around. Why do that you say? Sounds boring you say? Au contraire mon frere! Yeah I probably spelled that wrong, whatever.

ANNOUNCING THE FIRST ANNUAL EL CID TOURNAMENT OF DEATH!!!!

That's right folks, hop on the test server tonight and go crazy. Mayhem, carnage, killing each other, all guns legal, go crazy! Will there be zombies? Possibly! Could we see the return of Mantismen? WHO KNOWS!?!

Consider it a official lore start celebration and server load test! Fun for all the kids! I will send out port information in a bit, so hang tight, and if you can join tonight, please do!

After a couple hours of testing, assuming all goes well, I will switch things back to main server, and perform the map wipe TOMORROW at 3pm EST. This will give folks more time to gather their things. We will also respawn items if anyone is unable to grab it prior to then. Hope this is a happy solution for everyone, feel free to ask questions below.

2. Yarn

Yarn Member

*Traumatic Flashbacks ensue* The Mantismen...do I got stories to tell about those fuckers. Yeah I was there in the bunker, we all were. Scared, terrified even. None of us wanted to sliced into shreds, so we hid, things didn't start off so bad that lore. Just some creepy shit every so often, then it got so bad that you were cuddling your Big Hiking Bag for comfort at night, holding whatever firearm you were able to find on a corpse. Times were tough, things were strange, people fucking died! Dark days those were, but I must say it's what's made me the roleplayer I am today. Sometimes I still hear that skittering in my nightmares. At times I think that it's possible it was from that acid I did that one time that I got from Acid Face. All. Totally. Worth. It.
    (Any other grizzled vets from those dark days, leave your horrors below.)

Tucker and xxvenomxxbro like this.
  3. Bill Chompski

Bill Chompski Active Member

ONE OF THOSE GODDAMN FUCKERS RAN INTO MY FUCKING GARDEN IN THE WOODS, AND ME AN MY OLD-ASS DOCTOR FRIEND SHOT AT IT, CAUSE IT WAS TEARING UP OUR FUCKING BROCCOLI AND CABBAGE THE BITCH

Tucker, Host of Proselyte and Yarn like this.
  4. player of games

they wrecked my pizzeria when i was offline

5. AmongTheCold

AmongTheCold Active Member
    Contributor

One of the fuckers literally kidnapped me in front of my nephew. Fuck that bitch.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I uh... I think Sonny made friends with one of them. Sorry guys... he just really liked making friends.

Tucker and Host of Proselyte like this.
  7. Host of Proselyte

Host of Proselyte An Adorable Bundle of Insanity
    Contributor

Don't even get me started on when MindGate Ran over my dog in the street, had it hopping with broken legs over to me wagging its tail, then finished it off by RUNNING OVER IT AGAIN.

Tucker likes this.
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok @Project Zomboid Members Test Server with updated map is now live! Anyone who can, please hop on, run around and cause mayhem. No Whitelisting needed for this. Also, to access server, you just need to change the port to 16326 on your login:
    upload_2019-2-1_18-52-20.png

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mantismen for new lore?